Get your Life Scan Before Year’s End!
The Local strongly encourages each of HCFR’s Suppression employees to participate in the yearly Wellness Exam with Life Scan. The Life Scan Physical program allows for early detection, education and promotion of better health for everyone in our department. This physical has saved the lives of several members of the department by learning of previously undetected illnesses and medical issues. Below you will find links to the patient packet and other docs that need to be filled out and brought with you to your Life Scan appointment.
- Employees will need to call one of the locations to schedule an appointment.
- Download the appropriate script for your blood draw. This needs to be printed (fill in your name and department) and taken to any Lab Corp location. A list of Lab Corp locations is included in the patient packet. It is not necessary to set an appointment for your blood work but you may wish to do so to conserve time. The blood work should be completed at least a week prior to your scheduled Life Scan appointment so that they can have all your results back and ready to review with you. These results are extremely important and are utilized for each component of the Life Scan physical. You will need to fast 8-10 hours for your blood work.
- Finally, on the day of your Life Scan physical please plan on wearing comfortable clothes and running shoes. Please fast for 5 hours before your appointment.
- Make sure to bring the HCBOCC Wellness Screening form to be completed as well. You will be able to use it for your two for you discount. This one form can save you up to $650.00 per year in reduced health insurance premiums.
Life Scan Wellness Center [Tampa Location]
1011 N MacDill Ave.
Tampa, FL 33607
Life Scan Wellness Center [Pinellas Location]
11200 Seminole Blvd.
Largo, FL 33778
If you need to cancel an appointment please do so as early as possible, but no later than 48 hours prior to the appointment day, SO OTHER EMPLOYEES MAY UTILIZE YOUR RESERVED TIME.
Article 30, Safety, Heath and Wellness in the CBA provides further information about benefits provided to employees. There are two groups –
- Employees who are off of initial probation and who are 40 years of age, or younger. A wellness incentive of $200 per year will be paid in the first pay period in January, provided the Employee has participated in the Employer’s Wellness Exam during the 24 month period preceding the January payment.
- Employees who are over 40 years of age. A wellness incentive of $300 per year will be paid in the first pay period in January, provided the Employee has participated in the Employer’s Wellness Exam during the 12 month period preceding the January payment.